Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Ken.Briggs
      Participant

4 in the group – the first one I’ve had within the current limits. It convinced me that with 5 or less there are few potential social distancing problems. My only variant on the previous two tours was to turn left into St Leonard’s Place after passing the library, rather than going to Duncombe Place then up Petergate. This was because there was a loo request while we were in the Museum Gardens and the loos beside Bootham Bar were the obvious diversion. And that route , allowing us to turn right back into Petergate after looking at the front of the bar worked just as well for me as the route via Duncombe Place.
      With all 3 tours I’ve done I found no need for visor nor did the tourists wear masks (except two who joined me on an earlier tour in rather odd circumstances). I wonder what the mask/visor experience has been for other guides.

Mick.Popka
      Participant

Hi Ken,
      I gave up on the mask on my first walk on Saturday 5th September as it steamed up immediately, together with my glasses.
      I resorted to the cloth facemask and realised that this muffled what I was actually saying.
      Since then I have not worn a mask but ensured that social distancing was enforced between myself and the tour members.
      I found the most interesting route was to turn from Museum Street into St. Leonards and viewed the missing wall between Bootham Bar, together with the depth gap between the Roman wall remains and the Mediaeval wall.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.