Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Fraser.Forsyth
      Participant

I enjoy reading the reviews of tours on Tripadvisor and Google and am always intrigued when people talk about funny things that happened on the tour without going into detail.
      I wonder if we could use this space to share any amusing anecdotes that guides have from the tours they have done ? I know I would love to hear from other guides as we often only have a few minutes before a tour starts to chat before we are off and walking round York.

Mike Young
      Participant

I often tell my tour about the York Minster Police Force and something about thier history and current status. Once, whilst I was inside the Treasurer’s House gardens a group of about 10 middle aged lady cyclists arrived. They parked their bikes against the Treasurer’s House wall. Within minutes a York Minster Poilicewoman arrived and told them very firmly that they muct remove their bicycles immediately. There was no dissent. I even felt that I should go and move my bike immediately too, even though I haven’t got one!
      I wondered if the group thought I had arranged the event to illustrate my point about the Minster Police.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.