Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Mick.Popka
      Participant

I have noticed that the access point by the entrance to the “Explore” (Library) building in Library Sq has a vehicle parked behind the gate on Mondays to Saturdays.

Close inspection of the “locked” gate reveals that the “bike lock” is merely hooked over the top of the gate.
      When the vehicle is not there the gate is locked with the “bike lock”.

There are no signs to say that access is prohibited.

I’ll let you digest this information and decide if you wish to allow your group to benefit from a 5 minute visit to the inside of the Multangular Tower and back and perhaps a brief visit to the inside of the remains of St Leonards Hospital.

Please ensure you shut the gate behind you and place the “bike lock” in the appropriate position.

Regards
      Mick

Barrie.Ferguson
      Participant

Personally I think its best we do not go through Mint Yard via the route Mick suggests. I am not sure we would be welcome going in to Explore York property. Committee have been having friendly dealings with ‘Explore York’ over possible use of Office space and I would not like anything to disturb those relationships.
      It might be possible for us to explore access but in the mean time stick with the recommended Route.

Mick.Popka
      Participant

Barrie,
      Apologies, I was unaware of the current discussions between the committee and Explore York.
      I withdraw the suggestion of entering through the closed gate.
      Regards
      Mick

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.